Golf Cart and UTV
The Village of Dakota has an ordinance that allows slow moving non-highway vehicles (golf carts and UTV’s) to be allowed on Village streets. The following set of restrictions, guidelines and laws are set forth by the State of Illinois, statute 625 ILCS 5/11-1426.1.
Driver’s must be over 16 years of age and carry a valid driver’s license. Liability insurance is required by the State of Illinois. All vehicles must be inspected and apply for a 3 year Village of Dakota registration permit, which can be suspended or revoked for non-compliance of Ordinance. All Illinois Rules of the Road will be adhered to at all times
All vehicles must have the following equipment set forth by the state of Illinois:
- Seat belts for each passenger
- Rearview mirror
- Reflectors on front and rear
- Headlight(s) that emits 500 ft
- Tail light that is visible for 100 ft
- Brake lights that are visible for 100 ft
- Turn signals that are visible for 100 ft
Registration permit will be affixed to the vehicle.